The Stars Appeal

Who's been talking about or spotted Julian?

Moderators: tutt-sweet, Rosie, chatterbox

faeriequeen

The Stars Appeal

Postby faeriequeen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 am

Something for those living in the Westcountry!

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/h ... _stars.php

...A further launch event will take place at Salisbury District Hospital next week when stars of Channel 4's Green Wing and patrons of the Appeal Julian Rhind-Tutt and Stephen Mangan will be visiting the hospital to meet staff and patients.

Rosie

Postby Rosie » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 am

Aww, bless 'em, doing a bit of charity work. :)

And on a more frivolous note, what colour will Julian's hair be by next week? A brown-haired Dr Mac might scare the patients! :wink:

xpingux
Rod Reverer

Postby xpingux » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:30 pm

ducatilady

Postby ducatilady » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:49 pm

Thank you so much for posting those photos...they are fantastic! at last a photo of Julian with brown hair & no hat, he looks as gorgeous as ever.

Rosie

Postby Rosie » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:54 pm

Cute! I wonder if Steve ever gave that baby her dummy back? :lol:

ch1ch1
Henry hag

Postby ch1ch1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:05 am

Julian looks yummy as ever - the brown hair isn't as awful as he seems to think it is! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures of him holding the baby are so squeeful :swoon:

grenniespex
Alex Aficionado

Postby grenniespex » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 am

Pic number 8 awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

On a more serious note, I just wanted to record it somewhere that it is really, really nice of them to do this. My dad is really ill at the moment and needs keyhole surgery to remove a tumor. Add to that with the fact that dad is a huge greenwing fan (in fact got into it before I did!) and knowing how much Julian cares about his dad, coupled with the whoe mac/dying thing just makes me want want to say very publically just how fab I think Julian is. As an actor and a person, he's never gonna read this but sod it; just glad I said it.

Yay Julian!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. everyone should donate to the appeal :foru:

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:06 pm

thanks for the photos just what i needed to warm myself up on a cold snowy day, esp julian holding a baby. Still haven't recovered from that :o :o

ali2555
Rod Reverer

Postby ali2555 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:32 pm

omg i never thought i'd say this because i do love the strawberry blondeness of his hair, but in photo 3 especially i think his hair looks amazing!! and aaaw seeing him holding that little baby :D
And i'm his brother Bob.

curlybeach
Alex Aficionado

Postby curlybeach » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 am

This is so lovely of them! Bless their little cotton socks ...
(And, much as I should be focused upon the good work they're doing, Julian's new hair looks really, really gorgeous!)

Funk-eh B! x
Alex Aficionado

Postby Funk-eh B! x » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:53 pm

:o :o :o I must say, his dark hair does look really quite good on him. and those pictures with him and the baby (especially number 10)!! bless him!

what a cool guy...:lv:
ALAN : And I'll discuss this with you when you're less-
MAC : Handsome?
ALAN : No, less-
MAC : Charming?
ALAN : Less sitting. Get out.

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Is it just me or does Julian look a little broody in those photo's. :?:

f_d_p
Danny Devotee

Postby f_d_p » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Those photos are lovely. Good on them for doing that. Aww Julian holding the baby...

ch1ch1
Henry hag

Postby ch1ch1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 am

In one of the photos posted in the gallery (the one in which Stephen and Julian are standing in a row with 3 other men), is it my over-active imagination or does anyone else think that the guy between Stephen and Julian [looks like he could be]/is Julian's Dad?! :D

tutt-sweet

Postby tutt-sweet » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:40 am

:gp: I can see what you mean ch1ch1.

I had a feeling that his papa was older than the gent in the photo looks [didn't I read somewhere he is about 80?] ...of course he could just look very youthful. Lucky JRT if he takes after him [if it is him of course?! :wink: ]

:lv:
" A few very charming ladies down at my Dad's whist drive have been very kind (average age 75-93). My brother is the headmaster of a special school and I know some of his dinner ladies have been very kind to me as well. "

ducatilady

Postby ducatilady » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:50 pm

ch1ch1 wrote:In one of the photos posted in the gallery (the one in which Stephen and Julian are standing in a row with 3 other men), is it my over-active imagination or does anyone else think that the guy between Stephen and Julian [looks like he could be]/is Julian's Dad?! :D

I can't find the photo you are talking about! Which category is it posted under, and is it different to the ones on the Stars appeal website?

Jools
Rod Reverer

Postby Jools » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Guys, I'm priveliged to info and photos that aren't just shown here on the forum, so for a full set of images please go the website (accesible by clicking on the banner on the forum home page), then click doohdahs, then gallery and then go the photobucket site...within here are a whole host of folders containing piccies and they are placed in subcategories, so for stars appeal you need to go media&award/charities
Enjoy
J :lol:

ducatilady

Postby ducatilady » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 am

Cello, that seems so obvious now that you have pointed it out! They do all share a family resemblance, and not only is he holding their sweaters, but their matching blue M & S shirts!

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 pm

ch1 ch1 and cello having just looked at the photo there is indeed a resemblance glad you spotted it for us all. Is anyone in his family not a teacher ! wonder what they thought of the rotters club :D

Jools
Rod Reverer

Privacy

Postby Jools » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 pm

Guys can we keep the personal information to a minimum please. I'm sure Julian and his family don't want a bunch of super sleuths turning up on their doorsteps, so please respect their privacy. Thanks

Return to “Spotted/Media Mentions”