Misc Thread

Chat about whatever takes your fancy

Moderators: tutt-sweet, Rosie, chatterbox

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Never mind mate i'm sure i'll have a few beers on ice ready and waiting for you next Thurday night!

I Still have to pack, but pretty much everything else is sorted. I think we've decided to get the train tickets at the airport, so pretty much everythig is sorted and under control...for now that is

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 pm

glad to here it I'm off line til mon as no laptop but am back at theatre on mon morning, so don't panic if I disappear for a few days I haven't collapsed over a sewing machine
laser screwdriver who needs sonic
stay out of camberwickgreen

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Just been told I'm doing a radio interview at the show tomorrow about my new hat collection ( that would be the ones I'm off home to make in a bit) it's BBC hereford and Worcester around 10.20 am . Wish me luck!!

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Not long been back from Switzerland. Just to say to everyone there I had a fantastic time. It was brilliant to see you all, and I'm missing those bells already :D

tutt-sweet

Postby tutt-sweet » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi Baggie, I'm now back too & yes, sadly missing those cow bells...they really mooooooved me too!

It was a fantastic weekend & we'll all post our thoughts/pics as soon as we can. Thanks again Rita, Ian, Will & Rosa..you were all wonderfully kind. :thanks: :foru:

Green Wing on the big screen has to be seen to be believed. Even more of JRT to love! :wink:

Bit cooler back here too isn't it?...off to put a jumper on!! :roll:

:lv:
" A few very charming ladies down at my Dad's whist drive have been very kind (average age 75-93). My brother is the headmaster of a special school and I know some of his dinner ladies have been very kind to me as well. "

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 am

Ok so i'm back at work today and my desk looks like a small rain forest has exploded over it. I have no idea where to start! Also I have 72
e-mails to deal with....I've only been gone for 2 days!!!!

Tutt I too am missing the cow bells, althought I do have my own that I can ring to keep me going through the day. I felt really strange yesterday, it was just too quiet. I am missing the Swiss efficiency as well. I got home and my train was delayed by 13 mins...typical ! I will see about getting my pictures developed tonight and i'll try and get some of the good ones posted for you to have a look at.

guyoline
Danny Devotee

Postby guyoline » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

back from switzerland too it was a wonderful (albeit short) holiday but at least it's not too cold here

I brought a mini cow bell so i'm not missing that too much
and i got a shedload of chocolate at the airport

then my dad picked me up when straight to the pub - the head of biology brought us all a round of fruli's it's beer with strawberries it's amazing! then i ended up staying at my friends house so I on;y got home at about 2pm today...

i miss everyone already though - i don't want to eat any choclate as i want it to last as long as possible but i'm quite hungry...

just uploading pictures as well...
what you need, is a doctor! Allons-y!

skeadugenga

Fantastic weekend

Postby skeadugenga » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:03 pm

I'm back, and back at work today, but I've got my camera with me so I can keep reliving the memory...will upload photos tonight if I get a chance (have to unpack - I can't keep living out of a suitcase). Got
home late last night, but I still had to watch GW before I went to bed - its still brilliant, but I missed the life size characters on a big screen! :-)

Is there a central area to put photos, or do we link from here to our facebooks? - Kim any preference?

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm

How was Geneva? Did you succumb to sightseeing or the joys of sitting on a terrace somewhere? 8)

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 pm

I have to admit i'm really not enjoying being back at work. I think i'm gonna end up getting my pictures sorted on Thursday, then hopefully over the weekend I can upload some of the best to my photobucket account and share them with everyone. That's providing any of them turned out ok. I went low tech on this holiday and had 2 disposable camera's, Thank god for the scanner ! :roll:

skeadugenga

Switzerland

Postby skeadugenga » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 am

Mac Valentine wrote:How was Geneva? Did you succumb to sightseeing or the joys of sitting on a terrace somewhere? 8)

Well Monday was hot! which made the train journey a bit of an ordeal - first thing I did when I got to the hotel was get in the shower. I lasted 2 minutes in the Swiss themed restaurant with the live yodelling (and you thought cowbells were bad!) so wandered down to the lake for a look around and then found a Swiss restaurant (minus yodelling) and had dinner sitting outside. Bed by 10pm as I was knackered.

Next morning I had the best coffee ever for breakfast, then went down to the lake and bought a ticket for a trip round the old town by tourist train - really good value at £5 and allowed me to rest my aching calf muscles from all that walking! A bit of souvenir shopping, then lunch at another pavement restaurant and then taxi to the airport to blow all my remaining francs. Got home about 9pm. So I did a bit of sight seeing, but at a very leisurely pace!

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 am

Sounds smashing apart from the yodelling obviously!

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 am

I really don't think I could have coped with the yodelling. :?

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:06 am

Hello all I'm at the theatre so back on-line then thats it til next weds unless stupid laptop is back before.

Firstly BIG thankyou to Rita and her lovely and very understanding family for such a wonderful weekend :foru:

It was great meeting you all again ( or for the first time) and enjoying our obsession. Although I'm in Hereford and surrounded by cows whom I'm thinking of sticking bells on for the hell of it. They do Moo here though so I do find myself singing the Cow song a lot.

Talking of obsessions I dragged Jake up the Malvern Hills on tuesday ( I do miss the walking up hills) I've also walked to work today and I've just taken my mountain bike in to be fixed, so I can bike up the hills.

Think the Swiss air got to me ( or the fact I lost 5lbs) and I'm having the scary urge to excerise ( it may pass) mind you I'm drawing the line at swimming in the Wye it will be a disappointment after Lake lehman!! Even if there are swans. I'm getting my photo's today but until I get the laptop back I can't scan them in so you'll have to wait for sat nights sunset pic.

I came back to 26 messages and too much work so I'm still on 3 hrs sleep a night not sure how much longer I can do this!!!!
Last edited by goshandcrikey on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 pm

I am planning on having my photo's back and loaded for the weekend, in which case you should be able to see photographic evidence that I actually went into Lake Lehman for a swim (and yes Em it was F***ing cold!) :lol:

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm

seeing as our photo's are pretty much the same I'll see what you post first. Mind you I DO have one of the sunset :wink:

It really wasn't that cold I've swum in worst

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Come on it really was that cold. Especially considering the air temp was 29deg :duh:

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm

It was refreshing or maybe bracing but at least we didn't go blue and look like smurfs.

We got out alive didn't we :D

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Only because the swans had buggered off by the time we ventured into the water! :lol:

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:17 pm

It would have been hiarious if we had seen someone on a jetski!

Return to “General chat”