My Signed Photo

Share your Julian stories and experiences including fan letter replies.

Moderators: tutt-sweet, Rosie, chatterbox

Lil
Nigel Nut

Postby Lil » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:16 am

[quote="marinewarden (actually, probably just jealous as I haven't got a signed photo yet mind you, would help to write first! I will soon though!!!)[/quote]

Also jealous, also haven't written to Julian so it's my own fault!

Love the little comment about her being 40 now.

Aw bless!

kitchengirl

Postby kitchengirl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 pm

I also recently received a lovely signed photo and I too had to confess to my husband! But he is very understanding of me and it is now framed and in pride of place (in the bedroom too - where else!).

I finally met Julian for the first time last night and I am still on cloud nine. What can I tell you that you don't already know. He was exactly as many of you have described in other items on this forum. He was charming, chatty, put me at ease straight away, and even remembered me from details in my letter to him! We had a great conversation, it was just as if I was talking to a good friend and nothing as nerve wracking as I thought it would be. I just thank goodness that I managed to avoid falling into the 'Black Books Giggle'. Has that happened to anyone?

Can't wait to see him again...................roll on Friday :D

ch1ch1
Henry hag

Postby ch1ch1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:26 am

That's wonderful, kitchengirl! Where would we be without understanding husbands, eh? :D

I've met Julian twice before at signings and he's been thoroughly lovely and gracious and even indulged my request for a kiss! :swoon:

I haven't, however, met him at the stage door since LWW began (even though I've been to see it twice, so far!) so I, too, can't wait for Friday or indeed, the 3rd of July. :mrgreen:

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:05 pm

Thats super-doper kitchengirl!!!
So I trust you will be hanging around the stage door after the performance on friday then? I am going to be but was worried I'd look rather lonely on my own (and perhaps scare JRT as I could be "suspicious-looking" to him - you know, stalkerish and all!) so perhaps we could wait together?! I know some-one else from the "JRT is GOD" group from facebook is going but she's going with some-one and I don't really want to be a "tag-along" mind you, you might be with some-one too and might no want a "loner" tagging along either - eeekk! anyways, let me know?!
Thankyou Maisie for the banner :D

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:55 pm

That sounds fab kitchengirl! I love hearing about other people's experiences of meeting Julian as it just continues to justify what a lovely man he is and why we should continue being fans of him! :D

Minki
Monty Maniac

Postby Minki » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:17 pm

So pleased he's sending out his photos. Does anyone know what he is up to after the play finishes?

Didn't manage to get to Bluewater for Gordon :(

Glad to see there are other David fans on here too. I really don't know where all this lusting after men on TV has come from.

Hope you all have a lovely time at the theatre. I know this doesn't really count but I had such a lovely dream about JRT last night, woke up with a huge smile!!! :oops:

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Minki said:
So pleased he's sending out his photos. Does anyone know what he is up to after the play finishes?

He will be filming for the "BBC's new adaption of Oliver Twist" next week - it will be on at Christmas...check out the Supporting Roles "thread" (at least I think its that one?! - some-one back me up here? - well its just an excuse to look around anyway!)...

Its actually on the "Spotted/Media Mentions" thread not the one I mentioned!

Minki
Monty Maniac

Postby Minki » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:24 pm

As soon as I'd posted that reply, I looked at the other threads and found the Oliver Twist one! Thank you.

How is everyone going to cope without seeing him regularly in the flesh? I hope it all goes well.

LinkaNeo
Colin Crazy

Postby LinkaNeo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Hehe I sent Julian a letter last month via the theatre, in it was the picture that i drew of him as a manga character. I put in a selfaddressed envelope but i didn't get a reply. On Tuesday though he told me that he had my picture up in his kitchen which i was really chuffed at!! :o
But yeah there's quite a few Tennant fans on here Minki - haha! I got a signed photo from him last month after 6 weeks. I was hugely pleased with myself. Heh!
I know! It's a wand. It's a magical, magical wand.

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Youre really on a roll LinkaNeo, a little piece of you is in the love gods kitchen!

Minki
Monty Maniac

Postby Minki » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:17 am

Inspired by comments on here, I wrote to David Tennant requesting a signed photo and received two this week. Not as personal as JRT but still on my fridge. Am wondering who to write to next. Does anyone know the contact details for Stephen Mangan so I can have a set?

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:26 pm

As far as I know I don't think anyone who's written to Steve has ever received a reply...but it's worth a try I suppose!
http://www.fanmail.biz/3705.html

And congrats on the David Tennant front...I love my signed photo of him too! :D

Minki
Monty Maniac

Postby Minki » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Thank you so much for that website!!! So many people for me to write to.

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:20 pm

FQ wrote:
As far as I know I don't think anyone who's written to Steve has ever received a reply...but it's worth a try I suppose!
http://www.fanmail.biz/3705.html

I expect he will be getting lots of "Congratulations" cards now that his wife is expecting! (ahh bless..imagine he'll make a fabulous Daddy!) so there's an excuse in itself Minki!

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Last Wednesday in a a post Switzerland haze of love for everyone I sent the best beloved a letter saying thankyou to him for being a catalyst for meeting all you ladies at this difficult point in my life. What do you know I got a reply yesterday!
Kitchengirl he is still sending out the same photos and he wrote me the sweetest, kindest note on the back. It just goes to show yet again what a true gent he is.
I have showed everyone at work and while they do take the almighty mick out of my crush they are equally impressed with how he is with us. :D

ducatilady

Postby ducatilady » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Wow ! that is amazing Mo, and so quick too, did you tell him about the 'cheering' chocolate cocks? Lol :lol:

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:43 pm

I am afraid I did not :oops: I did mention spoon of destiny though and how everyone should play it up a mountain. He did say he was glad we enjoyed Switzerland and that it sounded fun. Perhaps he'll come next time!

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Oh that's so lovely of him! It makes me so happy to know that he more than deserves our appreciation of him! :mrgreen:

Mac Valentine
Rod Reverer

Postby Mac Valentine » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm

For my message I will be loyal unto death. As someone at work said, he doesn't have to send personal messages. I really was so chuffed. That and Switzerland have really perked me up a treat.

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Mo that's fantastic mate. You'll have to bring said piccy with you on th 9th so I can have a good old perusal :lol:

Return to “Your letters/experiences”