Birthday meet-up?

Place to discuss possible meetups - however please do NOT post any personal information of yours or other members and please be wary of passing personal information via the PM system. Remember this is a public forum that ANYONE can view.

Moderators: tutt-sweet, Rosie, chatterbox

chatterbox
Administrator

Birthday meet-up?

Postby chatterbox » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 pm

I wonder whether anyone here fancies a little get-together to celebrate Julian's birthday. My suggestion is that we meet up on the South Bank on 26th July in the afternoon for a few hours chatting (hopefully in the sunshine), and perhaps eating some cake...... I don't think I could stay into the evening that day, but you could then head off to one of the plays, shows, musical events etc that are on that evening. Eg, The Royal Festival Hall has the Wizard of Oz http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/all-events/productions/the-wizard-of-oz-39120, the Globe has Timon of Athens http://www.shakespeares-globe.org/calendarofevents/dayview/?day=2008-07-26, the national theatre has a few interesting plays http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=323&fromday=26&frommon=07&fromyear=2008&today=26&tomon=07&toyear=2008. The BFI and Old Vic are all around there as well, so you could head to one of those or back home with your party bag :D

If you like the idea, post your comments in here, and we'll see what we can come up with.

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 pm

I'll say a tentative yes to that...there is a chance I could actually be spending all of my Summer in Birmingham doing an internship in the offices of an opera company there, but I also have an interview for the same sort of position at the Old Vic, so I'll obviously take that if I get offered it. :)

The Southbank is one of my favourite places in London at any rate...so I like the sound of your plan.

tutt-sweet

Postby tutt-sweet » Sat May 10, 2008 1:36 pm

What a fab idea Chats! :GI:

I'm certainly up for it...unless Sussex CCC make it into the 2020 Finals that day- which I think is very unlikely! :lol:

A glass or two of something fizzy & a slice of cake in the sunshine [fingers crossed]on the Southbank - what more could we want?.....apart from the man himself of course! :wink: :inno:

:lv:
" A few very charming ladies down at my Dad's whist drive have been very kind (average age 75-93). My brother is the headmaster of a special school and I know some of his dinner ladies have been very kind to me as well. "

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Sat May 10, 2008 2:20 pm

I'll be on school hols then (and would have left the dreaded job by then *punches air with delight*) so count me - what a good idea! :D

Good luck with the ' Old Vic' interview Gabs *crossing fingers already*
Thankyou Maisie for the banner :D

jrt patch
Danny Devotee

Postby jrt patch » Sat May 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Alas I shall be on the Planet Naboo by then, involved in my mother's daily spring cleaning schedule.

I hope you have a fabulous day. And you never know who might show up....

Rosie

Postby Rosie » Sun May 11, 2008 9:48 am

Did someone mention cake? You can put me down as a 'yes' then. :wink:

Shame you can't be with us Patch, but look forward to seeing everyone - hope the interview goes well FQ, the Old Vic would be a great place to spend your summer! :)

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Sun May 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah I really hope I do get it...it would be so convenient to get to from where I live, as well as being fab experience for the future. :)

guyoline
Danny Devotee

Postby guyoline » Sun May 11, 2008 8:28 pm

oh I'm up for that, I should be around I can't guarentee but should be here so yay!
what you need, is a doctor! Allons-y!

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Mon May 12, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm a yes but will have to do something in the evening to justify the long trip. I don't do cake but will just have to do the birthday drinking instead :ta:
laser screwdriver who needs sonic
stay out of camberwickgreen

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Tue May 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Might look to see what plays are on then (Yes Chats - I've seen your links) and might decide to stay over but perhaps somewhere different than my brother's - just to make a night of it - don't think he'd fancy me turning up merry?! Finish the night off in style!
If anyone else is thinking of staying over; let me know...

G&C wrote:

I'm a yes but will have to do something in the evening to justify the long trip

So you thinking of staying over then?

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Wed May 14, 2008 2:04 pm

I have to or I end up on Newport station until 3 am!

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Thu May 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Perhaps we could find a Holiday Inn (or similar) to stay in then? - thats if you don't mind?

faeriequeen

Postby faeriequeen » Thu May 15, 2008 5:07 pm

There's a Premier Inn by the London Eye:
http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInfo ... 1&iscsell=
:)

marinewarden
Sean Supporter

Postby marinewarden » Sat May 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Cool thanks FQ - will look it up! :D

goshandcrikey
Hamilton Honourer

Postby goshandcrikey » Wed May 21, 2008 3:04 pm

sounds good will let Baggie know too

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:43 pm

I should be able to do this. But I would have to find something to do of the evening to make the trip worthwhile.

xx

chatterbox
Administrator

Postby chatterbox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm

My suggestion for the birthday meet-up is that we aim for the open air cafe outside the National Theatre at 3pm, unless it is raining, when we can meet inside. Please post here to let me know you are coming, and if you need my mobile number, pm me. If anyone doesn't know how to get there, let me know via pm and I will send you directions.

You can use this thread to arrange your evening activities too, so if you fancy a theatre visit, why not post here to see if anyone else is interested....

Otherwise, see you there - looking forward to it :D

tutt-sweet

Postby tutt-sweet » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

That sounds great Kim- look forward to seeing you all there. Any suggestions about what/who we could go to see?

Must dash- just got back from The Swiss Family Green Wing weekend , which was just a fantastic success, due 100% to the lovely Rita & her superbly supportive family. She, & they ,were just wonderful...so thanks a million Rita for making it all possible...now go & have a good & well earned rest! :foru:

I'm now off to put on another layer of after sun lotion...gosh wasn't it hot!!

:lv:
" A few very charming ladies down at my Dad's whist drive have been very kind (average age 75-93). My brother is the headmaster of a special school and I know some of his dinner ladies have been very kind to me as well. "

Baggiebird
Sean Supporter

Postby Baggiebird » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am

Sounds good to me Kim. I will check my diary (ooooohhhh don't I sound important) just to make sure that I have nothing going on that day and let you know if I will be there.

Tutt I know what you mean Rita and here family were brilliant at the weekend. It was a truley fantastic time and it's all down to them. I can't believe we managed to get Will and Rosa to play spoon of destiny. I just hope they had as much fun as we all did. :lol:

guyoline
Danny Devotee

Postby guyoline » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:09 pm

i may be in lancaster that weekend but if i'm not then i'll be there so I'll let you know in the next week or so
what you need, is a doctor! Allons-y!

Return to “Meet ups”